How to use calculator
- All red inputs are user editable.
- For using ‘Time Converter’ function, select a time unit which is to be converted from dropdown to the left of ‘Convert’ arrow, and select the time unit to be converted to from right dropdown.
- Enter the value of time unit.
- For using ‘Time Difference’ function, input time 1 value and select its corresponding time unit from the drop down menu.
- Similarly enter Time 2 value and select its respective time unit.
- Select the time unit in which difference is required.
- The time converter and time difference calculator have high accuracy.
A millennium is a time unit used to describe ten centuries or 1000 Gregorian years.
A period of 100 Gregorian years is termed as a century. A century in terms of a normal year is about 100.0635 years.
A period of 10 Gregorian years is called as a decade.
A Gregorian Year or simply called normal year will have 365 days.
A leap year consists of 366 days, with one extra day as compared to Gregorian year, which is adjusted in the month of February making total days as 29.
Sidereal year is the time required by any celestial object orbiting Sun with respect to a fixed reference point. Sidereal year has a length of 365 days 6 hours 9 minutes and 10 seconds.
Tropical year is the time taken by the Sun to complete one revolution and return to the same starting position. Tropical year is also called as a Solar year. The tropical year duration is typically 365 days 5 hours 48 minutes and 46 seconds.
A fortnight is considered as a period of 2 weeks or 14 days.
A week is considered as a period of 7 days.
A day is considered to be a period of 24 hours.
An hour is considered to be a period of 60 minutes.
A minute is considered to be a period of 60 seconds
A second is considered to be the base period of time system followed all over the world. It is usually defined as 1/86400 th of a day.
A millisecond is a period of one thousandth of a second.
Microsecond is a period of one thousandth of a millisecond or one millionth of a second.